Monday, January 1, 2007

January 2007 Newsletter

Happy New Year from STAR

Our 2007 Schedule is complete, and it's bigger than ever with new venues including Buttonwillow, Reno-Fernely, Topeka, and JenningsGP. The Pro School is back, with Jason promising something special. And we have increased our GSX-R600 rental fleet to satisfy demand. More tracks + more bikes = more fun.

Jason speaks at Red Hot Riders Motorcycle Club

Jason made the trip down to San Diego to speak with the Red Hot Riders Club at their monthly meeting. Racing, riding, and Corvettes - all the important topics were discussed. The crazy thing? Pridmore liked it! If you would like Jason to give his unique perspective to your club or riding group, sent us a note. We'll see if we can work it into our schedule.

STAR Instructors on the road (and in the dirt)

STAR Instructors Dean Mizdal and Roger Bell made their now-annual offroad trip to Baja California. It's a story you hear all too often from Baja: Roger hit a washout on a beach and "knocked the wind" out of him. Dean and Roger's brother Myron started Roger's bike for him and gingerly placed him on it. A trip to a Baja pharmacy got him through the night and (some) of the flight home to Kentucky the following day. Diagnosis? Four fractured vertebrae! Best wishes and a speedy recovery, Roger.

Baja - 2006. "
Deano, the fabulous Bell Brothers, and friends. My

Lick spent the better part of October/November testing and racing in Venezuela, where his rider Robertino Pietri won both the Latin American and Venezuelan Superbike Championships. They have comitted to working together again in the 2007 AMA Superstock Series.

Turagua, Venezuela - 2006. ,
"All I'm saying is that I'm not sure whether MySpace is an effective training tool."
My

Craig Maclean was at Daytona for the new MotoST Series, riding one of the San Jose BMWs. Unfortunately the motorcycle had a issue that couldn't be fixed before racetime, leaving Craig to spectate at Daytona once again. He is thinking seriously about racing in the 2007 Daytona 200, which should scratch that (unexplainable) Daytona itch.


>"Is dragging the cylinder heads ever a good idea?

Jason comments on racing, retirement, and his plans for STAR

As most of you already know, I did my final race at Mid-Ohio. It was with very mixed feelings surrounding the decision that it would be the final ride. The day was very hectic, with a rider boycott happening and bad weather in the area. I couldn't believe that it looked like my final race might be a race that I never got suited up for. Anyways, as it goes, I had to start from the back and when it was all over we ended up 5th in Superbike, our best result of the year and not a bad way to go out.

Looking back and reflecting, I am very proud of what I accomplished. There were a lot of things that I never got to accomplish that will live with me forever, but the fact that I raced motorcycles and got to do what I wanted for a living is very gratifying for me. The list is very long of the people I have to thank, but just a few should be recognized. My Mom has been there since I went out and did my first bicycle race, and she continues to be a huge part of my life to this day. She went through a lot - being a wife of a racer, and then having a son do the same must have been stressful at times. My father was my biggest influence when I was younger. Wanting to be like him and do what my father did was just a dream, and he helped give me the skills to follow in his footsteps. The countless hours of track time at CLASS gave me a solid foundation and tons of great memories. Susie is maybe the biggest supporter I ever had. We were beyond dead broke when things started, and she made my career what it was. She was there for the victories and the Championships, but more importantly when thing went a bit wrong and I needed some at home nursing, she was there too. Truly the good and the bad. Mark Gallardo, more than a business partner. MG went to almost every race (and sacrificed quite a few USC Trojan games to do it). All my friends, students and sponsors throughout the years who have done so much for me, thank you doesn't seem enough.

So what does this mean for STAR? For starters, more schools at new venues for more students. What we have going for 2007 will only continue to get better in the future. We have four new tracks on the schedule already: Topeka in Kansas, JenningsGP in North Florida, Buttonwillow in California, and Fernley in Reno. There also may be a couple more added. Our Pro Schools are back - we have some new and innovative things, and you just never know who may show up to ride and to share their perspective on riding a motorcycle. We are currently working out some details on a two-day school at a location that we are all familiar with. That will have some pretty nice perks along with the excellent riding and instruction, so stay tuned for that. And Buzz and JT, I haven't forgotten about doing some schools overseas either. I know that quite a few of our students have also asked about when we may do that, and it’s in the works.

I’m going to have more time, so I may as well spend it with people who enjoy the same things I do, Motorcycles! I am looking forward to what the next stage of my life has to offer, and I hope that you will come out and share a day or two with us at STAR.

See you at the track.

JP

That's all for now. RIDE SAFE,
STAR

We are working hard to make STAR better, and we're always open to suggestions.

sponsors

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home