Wednesday, January 7, 2009

January 2009 Newsletter

Jason Checks In

Finally - 2009! Last year was an interesting year for me. I have never traveled as much in my life as I did this past year. I started the season club racing out of my van at Buttonwillow, and ended it with a World Endurance Championship podium in Doha, Qatar. In between there was a top-5 AMA finish at Fontana, and a very ill-fated trip into the World Superbike Championship. WSBK wasn't what I was hoping for but still, (mostly!) no regrets. I had the opportunity to ride at some amazing racetracks against the World’s best.
World Endurance Championship Podium Qatar 2008
As for STAR, we saw many old friends, and made plenty of new ones. Moving forward, we start our 2009 season right with our traditional February Pahrump school. We have Pro Schools at Thunderhill, and we added Buttonwillow back onto our schedule. For our Pacific Northwest students, STAR is finally headed to Portland! I used to go to PIR with my father and can hardly wait to go back. And we are still looking at dates at two tracks in Colorado, including Pueblo. STAR will end our season at the new Chuckwalla Valley Raceway at the beginning of December, with the last day for STAR CLUB members only.

I know that many of our students are watching the bottom line right now, which is why we’ve reduced our prices at every 2009 school while still only running a two-group format, regardless of the location. We’ve also opened up our individual and group discounts. And if there is a group, club or organization that would like me or STAR to come to their track for an event – we are open to that. Get in touch with us and we will see if we can work that into our schedule..

Closer to home, as many of you know our very own Andrew Trevitt was in a horrible street bike accident in November. AT is still battling numerous injuries and a certain long road to recovery. I am going to dedicate all my 2009 two-up rides to the fund that has been set up to help Andrew and his family. For those of you that would like to donate now, you can do so at:

Getwelltrev
c/o Andrew Trevitt
1119 Linden Ave #2
Glendale CA 91201

For those of you who made 2008 two-up ride donations for my old teammate and dear friend Fritz Kling, I cannot thank you enough. Fritz finally succumbed to his battle with brain cancer on November 7th. Godspeed Fritz.

In closing, I can’t wait to see what 2009 brings. The season starts with a new challenge – car racing! I am racing the Daytona Rolex 24 hour with Scott Russell and Jeff Ward. It’s interesting that Scott and I are teammates in cars fifteen years after being competitors in 750 Supersport. Wardy is a recent addition to our team, and his car experience should help us. We have been testing the car, and the learning curve is steep. Tune in January 24-25 on Speed Channel and watch us rip around.

Promoting Motorcycle Racing - What a Concept!
I still enjoy racing and the training that goes with it, so I’ve committed to one more year of the World Endurance Championship. I also have some plans for AFM racing with my WEC friend Damian Cudlin. And STAR kicks off 2009 at Pahrump February 14-15. Thanks to our friend Micky Grana from SoCal Track Days for that date. We’re thinking about you, Micky.

Hope you all had a great Holiday Season, and all the best for the New Year.

Cheers,

Jason Pridmore

STAR Instructors at the Racetrack

Jimmy Wood and Angie Loy are having a happy New Year - both won races in the 2009 WERA West season opener last weekend at California Speedway. Bill Syfan was confirmed as the AMA Road Racing Series Manager. And Dave Stanton wrapped up yet another AFM #1 plate.
Stein is actually Yiddish for "Stud"

Group and Individual Disounts Available

Checked out the SuperSTAR Discounts? You should, It's free money.

That's all for now. Ride Safe,

STAR

Where's the STAR logos, dude?

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home